Sunday 25 October 2015

Week 13: Planning the Next Prototype

Time to think through the logic of the last prototype for the course in detail, as I have several days to get it done.

So - I'll be testing Social Interactions and assume that 2 people will have fun playing the game and will find their way around as a group. 

Hypothesis 1: 
  • 2 people (or kids) playing the game will find a way to self-organize to get the correct answers to the questions asked 
Pass/Fail: Most people got their questions right. When they didn't get their questions - they were just fooling around intentionally.

Hypothesis 2: 
  • In pairs people will enjoy the game more than if they were to play alone. 
Pass/Fail: Will be tested through self-reporting in the form of close-ended question. If users report that they enjoyed the game more when playing together - this would mean that the hypothesis is right. Optionally - I could do 2 rounds of testing - 1. test as 2 people then 2. test with the same testers as 1 person - and then do self-reporting.

Fixes from the last prototype: 
- record voiceover under the coat :) 
- make numbers bigger in size 

Game logic changes: 
The main issue is to find an event that would indicate that the answer is correct, since 2 numbers have to be pushed. 

How I could do that: 
Assume the question is how much is 11 + 4 and the correct answer is 15.
- Wait for 1 person to stand on 1... 
- Wait for 2nd person to stand on 5... 

If a person stands on 1 - and then on 5 - the answer is correct or stands on 5 - then on 1 - the answer is correct.
If a person stands on a wrong answer - "Zero" it, say - wrong answer.

+ I need to change the questions I ask so that I end up with 2-digit responses. 

A problem that 2 people cannot stand on 2 numbers simultaneously. This is a limitation that I cannot find a way around. So, I guess I'll have to explain this to people in the form of instructions.

That's about it.







No comments:

Post a Comment